Intellectual Property Claims (Copyright (DMCA), Trademark Infringement)
Updated: November, 2020
REPORTING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
eelspace's content is based on User Generated Content (UGC). eelspace does not check user uploaded/created content for violations of copyright or other rights. However, if you believe any of the uploaded content violates your copyright or a related exclusive right, you should follow the process below. eelspace looks into reported violations and removes or disables content shown to be violating third party rights. In order to allow us to review your report promptly and effectively, a copyright infringement notice ("Notice") should include the following:
- Identification of your copyrighted work and what is protected under the copyright(s) that you are referring to
- Your copyright certificate(s)/designation(s) and the type, e.g., registered or unregistered
- Proof of your copyrights ownership, such as the registration number or a copy of the registration certificate
- A short description of how our user(s) allegedly infringe(s) your copyright(s)
- Clear reference to the materials you allege are infringing and which you are requesting to be removed, for example, the Gig url, a link to the deliverable provided to a user, etc.
- Your complete name, address, email address, and telephone number.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided in the notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or the owner of an exclusive right that is being infringed, or are authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner or the owner of an exclusive right that is being infringed.
- Your electronic or physical signature
You can send your Notice to our designated Copyright Claims Agent by submitting the Notice electronically to email@example.com Note that we will provide the user who is allegedly infringing your copyright with information about the Notice and allow them to respond. In cases where sufficient proof of infringement is provided, we may remove or suspend the reported materials prior to receiving the user's response. In cases where the allegedly infringing user provides us with a proper counter-notification indicating that it is permitted to post the allegedly infringing material, we may notify you and then replace the removed or disabled material.